Extracurricular Clubs and Honor Societies
Moore Catholic has more than 20 student clubs ranging from the school newspaper and Chamber Ensemble, to the Chess Club and Video Yearbook. Students are strongly encouraged to get involved in club activities, and new clubs may be established by students if there is sufficient interest. The diverse range of activities offers opportunities for developing new interests and skills and fosters socialization across grade levels. Scheduling differs per club, so check with the coordinator on how to get involved.
These are some of our offerings:
- Student Council – Mrs. Horihan, Mr. Hughes, and Ms. Santangelo
- Meets every other Wednesday in room A5
- The student council helps share students’ ideas, interests, and concerns with teachers and school administration. They help raise funds for school-wide activities, including social events, community projects, and helping people in need. Members organize food drives, fundraisers and parties. They also participate in various events such as the Breast Cancer Walk, Light the Night Walk and the Special Olympics Polar Bear Plunge.
- Art Club – Sr. Elida
- Meets every Thursday in room B-Art
- The Art Club is an after school activity that provides materials, instruction and support for those students who are seeking a creative outlet in addition to their academic schedule.
- Game Club – Mrs. Horihan
- Meets on Wednesdays in room A5
- Students get together to play certain games such as Chess, Checkers and Uno, along with other various board games. This club is open to all students.
- Gianellian Youth Group – Sr. Elida,
- Meets every other Monday in room B-Art
- An international missionary association that follows St. Anthony Gianelli’s spirituality. Members open their service to community needs, such as teaching religion in poor places and visiting the needy.
- Prom Committee – Mrs. Campbell
- Meetings will be in room B8
- Members meet regularly throughout the year to plan and implement all elements of the prom including decorations, theme, invitations and entertainment.
- Newspaper Club –
- Meetings Monday in room A4 at 2:45
- Members are responsible for publishing the school newspaper. Members write articles and secure artwork to publish in the paper. There is full participation in all aspects of the editing/publishing process. The Newspaper Club is open to all students who are committed to insightful, responsible journalism.
- Booster Club – Ms. Kahmann, and Ms. Hickey
- Meetings day before games in room A8 at 2:45
- A club where students will express their maverick pride. Students will attend several games for each sport to encourage unity and school spirit.
- Photography Club – Mr. Hughes
- Meetings on Thursdays at 2:45 in room A9
- The aim of the Moore Catholic Photography Club is to provide a friendly and supportive forum for member’s interests in photography, whether they are beginners or experienced. To enjoy our club all you need is an appreciation for photography and an enthusiastic approach to participate at meetings.
- Peer Tutoring – Mrs. Horihan
Meets Thursdays in B6 everyone is welcome
- National Honor Society – Ms. Kahmann
- Meetings are once a month in room A8 at 2:45
- Sophomores and Juniors who have a cumulative grade point average of 85 percent, 30 hours of community service, and are an active member of the school community are eligible for consideration for membership in NHS.
- Mu Alpha Theta – Math Honor Society – Mrs. Horihan, and Mrs. Rudick
- Mu Alpha Theta is the National High School Mathematics Honor Society with 99,000 student members in June 2013 in more than 2000 schools. We are dedicated to inspiring keen interest in mathematics, developing strong scholarship in the subject, and promoting the enjoyment of mathematics in high school students.
|Art Club||Sr. Elida Ocampos||347|
|Math Honor Society||Mrs. Horihan and Ms. Rudick||309|
|National Honor Society||Mrs. Kahmann||105|
|Senior Prom Comittee||Kathleen Campbell||186|
|Spring Musical||Ms. Kristen Dalto||132|
|Student Council||Mrs. Horihan/ Mr. Hughes/ Ms. Santangelo||115|
|Gianellian Youth Group||Sr. Elida Ocampos||323|
|Game Club||Mrs. Horihan||137|
|Boosters||Ms. Kahmann and Ms. Hickey||125|